Skip to main content

Punks-A Tuesday

Minnie was 14. She liked wearing bright red lipstick and getting high.
“Walk me home after school,” she offered Tommy, as she passed him in the corridor, bumping him with her elbow. She was on the way to her history class.
He watched, as she walk away, in her skirt; black, red and white plaid. Her hips straight.
Blue sneakers squeaking down the hallway.

Tommy waited for her after last class, looking tall, leaning against her locker. She liked how he looked in his blue jean jacket. When it was warm weather, Tommy would roll the cuffs up, but it was the first week in October.
“Have you missed me today, Tommy?” she asked him.
Tommy wished he knew what to say to her, but he hardly ever did.
Tommy shrugged his shoulders and looked away from her.
He noticed Mick walking out of the front doors of the school with Melanie Atkins.

It was quiet. Minnie and Tommy glanced at each other sometimes, as they passed the joint between themselves. They sat on the bleachers overlooking the never used ball diamond. The blank park space. Slides and swings and wood faded from sun. Trees on all sides, blocking them in.
Minnie could see the weeds and wet dirt of the earth, when she looked down. She tapped the wood from the bleachers beneath her feet; they were pointed inwards. She was letting out Aerosmith lyrics sometimes.

...Sloe gin fizzy
Do it till you’re dizzy
Give it all you got until you’re put out of your misery...


"Maybe I will buy a guitar," Minnie smiled at him, moving her head to her own music.
“Why does Billy-Boy give you pot all the time?” Tommy asked her all of a sudden. Abrupt. He needed to know.
She stopped moving and looked at him.
“I let him touch my boobs,” she whispered, then she dropped her eyes.
“What? Really?” Tommy demanded. Hand up through his own hair.
“No,” she said and then she laughed at him.
Tommy wanted to hurt something suddenly and his hand was still on his head, so he let it drop to his lap, before he punched his own skull. He looked away from her, again. Speechless, again. He was scared he would never have anything to say to her.
He looked up at the sun.
Her hand brushed his arm a moment later.
“We can make-out, if you want,” Minnie offered.
What the fuck? Tommy thought as he turned towards her, looking for her lips between black dots given from the sun. What the fuck is the matter with me?
Minnie kissed Tommy for five minutes, before she stopped and moved away from him, wrapping her arms around herself.
“I gotta go,” she said. “Daddy will be home early tonight.”
And she hopped up to her feet. She turned and walked down along the foot rail. Straight as a cigarette, and she never looked back.
Tommy decided he would not go home yet.
He wondered if Mick was done with Melanie.

Minnie walked down the side of the road by herself; almost home. The school bag on her back was empty and red and wrinkling in.
She did not notice the white car coming towards her, until it slowed down.
"Hey, Minnieeee. Wanna ride?" Darren Johnson leaned out of the back passengers side window. Minnie looked over at the car and noticed the others inside. She kept on walking.
The driver was Paul Ritcher, all gunk and braces when he smiled. She turned her eyes away from the car.
"Wanna suck our dicks, too?" laughed Paul.
Minnie lifted her arm, as she walked on. She gave them the finger.
They made kissing sounds and laughed.
"You could have at least said please, fuckface..." Darren's voice, almost out of earshot; and the smell of dirty exhaust in Minnie’s nose and on her skin.
Maybe I'll get my nose pierced, too, she thought to herself.

Comments

Hot Toddy said…
I am so very glad I found you. I love your writing...
Queenie said…
I was happy to find you, too.
Everybody--read him^^^.

Q
elias said…
i dont get it?
Queenie said…
That's okay.
:)

Q
Jennifer said…
I hope that when Minnie grows up she can forget all that stuff that's happened to her and really enjoy life :) I love these stories even though they scare the hell out of me. lol

You're so talented Q!
Terrible lie said…
Very good stry Qeenie...
Every time i read you i find myself begging for more..
I think Minne should kill some one...
Terrible lie said…
Queenie,
pls write me a story about Tommy, i need one bad...lol
Terrible lie said…
Write me a story! lol you suck me in with your fantastic writing and then....NOTHIN!
Hmm...queenie, could i ask how old you are?
Queenie said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Queenie said…
The story is coming.
Other ones have been floating in my head.

Vinnie-why do you ask?

Q
Hmm...im not sure why too. just felt like i needed to know. hahaa. it's alright, have a great day! :)
AJ said…
A.A.U.Q

(Aces As Usuual, Queenie)

:)

Popular posts from this blog

Again

When I was in Ottawa, abandoned and enthralled,
breathing in the
heat waves shimmering off the people
and the cats
and that lazy raccoon that I later named Mondrian in my mind
after I saw my first one,
I did not look for you.
Nor in the malls, the halls,
the magazines, in the new towns,
or down the old roads,
on silver screens, between the book shelves, down on my knees
hands in the clover.
Never.
I took you for granted.
Oh hey.
There you are.

I know myself
Far, far, far more than I let on
I know what I am doing.
Regardless.


Love is such an easy word.
Besides, it's a given,
We can keep it there, easy, big, broad like the straight black painted lines, it's nice.
Effortless. Quiet. Assured.
So then, I guess that it is not the word.

Punks-Starting to Remember

Minnie is 14. She likes wearing bright red lipstick and getting high.
Right now, Tommy is arguing with her. "Vitto will be waiting for me then."
"He can wait longer," she tells him. "Tell him there was too many cops following you around or something."
"Yeah," Tommy says. "That might work. Vitto would believe that. Three different cops stopped me on the street this week."
"What?" Minnie almost shouted. "Oh, Tommy. They are on to you."
“No, they aren't."
But she knew. "For sure they are. Listen. Meet me outside the pool hall at 9:30. I'll havethe dope then, Tommy."
“No. I really should go see Vitto first.” He kisses her quickly on the forehead and then runs home to make himself some Kraft Dinner for supper.

When he walks in the front door, there is Momma with a bottle of whiskey tucked between her legs, her head rolled to the back of the couch, her mouth open.
"What the fuck, Momma?” Tomm…

Quiet Company

I've been sold, I've been sold, I've been sold, I'm being sold-out
It is torture but
I don't even care
Except to love you more, to love myself more
Those hot-burned tears for you as I rally to save my skin
wind down me and leave behind gold and green
and I don't stop looking
until I look upon you
What on earth...
I've been sold, I've been sold, I've been sold.
I'm being sold-out.


Sunlight filtering through cracks
in the sky
in the walls
fall across your skin
I fingerpaint across your chest
Every word
known to man
and found in you

Fresh snow
Our footprints mark us
You are here!
I am here!
We are here!
Turn your face upwards
Let falling snow rest on your eyelashes
(dream of me)
Let the white melt on your outstretched tongue

Sing.
It's spring.
Just one word.


I'd sit across the hall
looking upwards until I saw the flicker; light on
Sit with you while your busy hands rolled over these plains, these fields
The stretches of nothing
(Look at…